Wednesday, October 7, 2009

8 Weeks - Hormones = Poison

Yesterday marked my 8th week.  I've been battling the dreaded morning sickness.  However, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) I would say I'm usually between a 5-6.  I've heard some real horror stories about illness, so I count myself lucky.  I've found the key for me is to allow my body to wake up naturally.  I don't respond well to the violent 5:30AM alarm blaring wake-ups.  I've adjusted my hours at work so I usually get in around 9AM.  That has worked for this week. 

Food has become the enemy.  Nothing ever sounds good to eat.  I feel like I'm constantly forcing myselft to eat.  Crackers are not my friend.  I can't stand eating crackers.  I do love chocolate milk, grapfruit juice, pickles, and oatmeal creme pies.  Oh, and french fries sprinkled with lot's of pepper and a dash of garlic salt - YUM!!! It's so wierd, because something that tasted amazing to me yesterday grosses me out today. Or tasting wonderful when I start eating it, and 10 mins later I can't take another bite because it repulses me.  Being pregnant is the strangest thing I've ever dealt with. :)

2 comments:

  1. So if the bones are beginning to form week 8 are you supposed to drink more milk? Good thing chocolate milk is going down just fine! Geez it's crazy to imagine this little thing inside of you. Glad you are taking the time you need to wake up each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...what you're saying is...when you have company over for dinners or brunches or what have you, we'll all be eating something a LITTLE different from the norm? Kinda like the grilled cheese and tomato soup we had? I LOVED it! This could be an exciting time for us all! LOL!

    ReplyDelete