Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 11 - Dr. Appt Update

We had an appointment yesterday.  Here's what happened:

We got to hear our baby's heartbeat!! That was very exciting.  I cried, and Jeff was just amazed.  It was quick - about 155bpm - which is very normal.  Our doctor wasn't sure if we would be able to hear it, so I was very happy it worked out. 

Physical exam - oh fun.   When the nurse was putting all of the implements on the counter, Jeff said "I don't like that."  Especially after the nurse left and he actually picked up the speculum (it was in a plastic bag).  "I really don't like this."  I said "you and me both!" What amazed me is that Jeff stayed in the room during the exam. He couldn't see anything the doc was doing, and it was nice that he stuck through it for me. At one point he asked me if I wanted him to hold my hand. I laughed and said I was ok, I've been through it before

H1N1 vaccine - they only have doses at my clinic for pregnant ladies and they had just gotten them in - so no piggy flu for me!

Blood drawn - I'm surprised I have any left! They drew 5 1/2 viles of blood.  The lab tech had to try both arms to get the flow goin.  I was fine since I usually only get light headed if I actually see the blood flowing into the tube - yuck.  Oh, and my favorite....got to pee in a cup again.  fun times, fun times. 

So everything is going well.  Our next appointment is in 4 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear things are 'sounding' and going well ! I don't care for needles and blood either. As long as I don't LOOK at what's happening, I'm fine. and peeing in a cup... this take MASTER skill to actually get it INSIDE the cup. I feel so sorry for the people that have to hold the container. The warmth alone grosses me out. LOL!!!! TMI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, baby's getting big! 1.61 inches! Thanks for including all of the info in 'what's happening this week.' I have no idea and it's quite interesting! Glad your appt went well and way to go Jeff for staying in during the exam. It's good for him to see all that you go through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a couple more months the peeing in a cup thing will be automatic lol. I used to basically walk down the hall with the nurse, she'd hand me the cup and it was allllll a routine. But a happy one as funny as that is.

    GO JEFF! I have no doubt he's going to be super dad, but he's all ready started! That's so awesome. You lucky lady!

    Warren gets his H1N1 shot on the 18th. I was so happy to find out you had yours all ready. :-)

    Yay heartbeat! Nothing beats hearing that for the first time. I think most guys go blank, it's just so amazing to think about. I mean the woman they love is MAKING a baby! It's not like you just go to the baby store and walk out it with one lol. I cried too, how can you not? At that point, it's the best sound in the world!

    ReplyDelete