Saturday, January 30, 2010

Registry - check.

Yesterday I started our registry at Babies R Us.  Sheila and McKenzie helped me.  I was completely overwhelmed and without Sheila, I would still be in the infant care department! We spent almost 2 hours walking through the store.  I knew there would be a lot that was foriegn to me, but I was not prepared for the emotions I would deal with afterwards.  When I got home I started to feel a little panicked.  I started to cry and had to take a hot shower and nap to recover.

After my recovery period, I found energy again for the registry process, so Jeff and I stopped at Target to start that registry.  We added a few items, mostly because I wanted Jeff's opinion on some of the "big" stuff.  I felt much better and pretty excited after we left.  We then had date night and went out for dinner.  All was well as we drove home and I started to think about holding our little miracle and felt better.

I'm gonna love being a Mom.

oh, and at Babies R Us...I got to park in the "expectant mothers" special parking spot.  That was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment