Friday, April 9, 2010

A tea party for Baby Anderson and Mommy (and Daddy too)

My office held a baby shower for Jeff and I yesterday.  It was a fabulous tea party! (Crystal was at it once again!) When I first walked into the room, I was completely overwhelmed and I started to cry. I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to compose myself.  Then I almost started crying again when Jeff arrived.  It was such a beautiful shower.  The food was excellent and the cake....OMG!!!! It was SO GOOD! (It was a Patticake from YUM bakery in St. Louis Park).

18 people were present at my party.  That includes my boss' wife Bev who came in just for the occasion. She had lot's of good advise, and her and Bill were very entertaining. :)

We opened lot's of amazing gifts, including an adorable handmade blanket covered with monkeys and a small handmade blankie with lot's of fun ribbons sewn to the edges for baby to discover.  Handmade gifts really touch my heart. It was so nice that these ladies put themselves into gifts for our little one.

I had a great time at the party and it was very hard to go back to my desk when it was done and work for the rest of the day. (but I did...I was swamped!)

Here are some pics from the party:

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Crystal! Everything looks gorgeous! And what fun - work showers are such a nice "break" from the normal zoned out feeling of the work day :)

    ReplyDelete