Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nursery and Nesting

We finally have a "nursery".  It's a little make shift, but it will do until we move into the new house this summer. The daunting task of packing my craft room was finally managed this past weekend thanks to the nesting instinct finally kicking in. It actually kicked in on Thursday while at work. I cleaned out my entire desk and started organizing for my temporary replacement. It carried over once I got home.  I also had a bit of a panic attack Thursday night/ Friday morning. I realized I had a lot to do before baby arrives. I took most of Friday as a personal day and got lot's done.

We did quite a bit of shopping on Saturday at Babies R Us.  Jeff was just as overwhelmed by the store as I was when I did the initial registry.  We purchased a few "necessities".  We bought some bottles, drying rack and bottle brush. Mirror for the car to see what kiddlet is up to in his/her car seat. Window shades to block the sun in the car. Changing table pad and cover, and the swing.  I set up the swing on Sunday night after returning from another shopping trip to Target (where I got more stuff). Then I worked on the baby's room some more. By the end of the night, I had the pack n play set up where the crib will go, diapers out of the package and in the special place for diapers, clothes washed and hung in the closet, stuffed animals and blankets out, and our new(old) glider chair in it's place. I even put up some monkey decals on the wall above where the crib will be to give the room a decorated look. After all my hard work was done, I sat in the glider and stared at the room. Eventually Jeff came in and sat down and did the same thing. He finally says "I can't believe a baby Anderson will be in the room in just a few weeks." Yep - my thoughts exactly.

I will try to post some pictures this week. Oh, and Frankie loves the baby's room. We think she might think it's her room. She waits for us to open the door when we get home for the day, then she just pokes around to make sure everything is in it's place, then lays down on the floor in the sun. She loves it. She does not like the stroller and swing, but we'll work on that.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna see baby's room! Gotta love that nesting instinct - your body knows when to get in gear! I'm SO excited to meet Baby Anderson!!!

    ReplyDelete