Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hiccups, Rippling Belly, and We Interupt this blog...

First, let's talk hiccups. Poor Baby gets them a few times a day.  Poor Mommy gets to "enjoy" endure them too. If you're not pregnant, haven't been, maybe never will be, or just plain forgot what it was like, let me try to explain what it feels like. Imagine a tiny bubble popping over and over in your belly.  Or...a little muscle spasm. It's sometimes annoying, but wonderful at the same time. Any movement by baby is fantastic.  Let's me know the little bugger is doing something in there.

Second, let's talk about the "rippling belly". I experienced this laugh riot last night.  I was laying in bed and Baby started kicking, as he/she usually does at bed time.  I wondered if I would be able to see the movements. So I lifted my shirt and stared at my belly.  Within moments I watched a ripple move from the right side of my belly to the left. I shrieked with laughter.  Baby must have thought this was fun or funny too. It happened a few more times.  My belly would either "ripple" or just raise up suddenly in one spot.  It made me think of Katy telling me about her watching Kiley moving about in her belly.  I didn't really grasp what she was talking about until now.  It was very cool!

And lastly, let's talk about interupting life to... pee. OH BOY. I can't believe how often I have to waddle to the bathroom in pain.  I feel like a little kid that's having so much fun outside, they wait until the last minute to go in to pee. Only I'm not outside playing.  I'm at my desk, making dinner, or SLEEPING. And where does it all come from? I drink a fair amount of liquids, but come on! And I know, I know...it's only going to get worse. Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. HA! Jeff tells me it's the baby's pee. (kidding of course)
    I JUST started to have to go a little more frequent and usually have to go once every night/morning around 3:30. It's like clockwork. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how exciting it must be to SEE the baby moving. Can't wait to meet this little one!

    ReplyDelete