Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yeah for Daddy!

Poor Jeffrey, he's had a tough couple of days.  On Tuesday, he had knee surgery to replace his ACL and miniscus.  I got to play nursey for him all day.  It was pretty easy to do considering how much he usually takes care of me, how thankful he was, and how much I just plain ol' love him.

So there he was all day long, in and out of it with the drugs, and feeling pretty miserable.  We went to bed early, well, my normal time, but WAY early for him.  He usually doesn't come to bed until about 1-2AM.  Since he rarely is in bed at the same time as me, he misses out on gymnastic time with Baby.  As we were lying there, I said "here, give me your hand." I put his hand on my belly and within seconds he felt a powerful kick! He pulled his hand away and said "whoa." But then put his hand right back.  With the next kick he said "hey Pal, whatchya doin in there?" And then he felt a third kick.  It was very COOL! So even with the not so great day Daddy had been having, I imagine that all made it a little better.  Sure made Mommy feel good.

1 comment: