Thursday, February 11, 2010

:(

Well, I "failed" the glucose test.  My blood sugar came back higher than my doc would like so on Monday I get to do the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. ack.

Hopefully this second test rules out gestational diabetes.  Here's what I read on the web about the test I did today:

If the reading is abnormal (too high), which happens 15 to 23 percent of the time, your practitioner will have you come back for a three-hour glucose tolerance test to see if you really do have gestational diabetes. The good news is that most women whose screening test shows elevated blood sugar don't turn out to have gestational diabetes.

So on my day off (office is closed Monday) I get to sit at my clinic for three hours. yippee. I also have to start taking an additional iron supplement twice a day.  And things were going so well....poo.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Sorry you have to spend your day off at the clinic.

    ReplyDelete