Monday, February 22, 2010

Guilt...in many forms.

Wow, what a weekend!

Well, first let me start off with the results of my Glucose test.  I finally received a call on Thursday afternoon that my test results were normal. I had figured this to be the case since I hadn't heard anything until then.  Knowing my doc and how quickly I usually get stuff back if there is follow up, I wasn't too worried about the results. 

So with that pushed out of my mind, I spent all of Thursday night preparing for my weekend getaway.  I went to SCRAPCAMP this past weekend! Ok, it's a scrapbooking retreat, but we fondly call it scrapcamp ever since Jeff called it that last year when I went.  Crystal and I left Friday morning for the retreat. Anyhow, I found all kinds of energy on Thursday to pack my stuff, make pasta salad and lemon bars, and do some laundry. When I finally went to bed at 1:00AM. I was pooped. I had to be up early on Friday to head out, so no sleeping in for me. (this turned out to be a theme of the weekend.)

And we're off...Finally Scrapcamp weekend had come.  I'm posting my full review of the weekend on my other blog http://www.aqueenscourt.blogspot.com/

Here's where the guilt comes in:

1) I felt slightly guilty that Crystal spent a large portion of Saturday making my shower invites. They turned out AMAZING - So Thank You Crystal! She kept telling me to shut up and not feel guilty, but I still did.  What a great friend for doing that during her time at the retreat. (She kept saying, "well, when else am I going to do them, besides you're here so if I mess up or have a question, you can help" LOL!)

2) Jeff ate pancakes for dinner on Saturday night.  This made me feel guilty because I accidentally brought his deli turkey with me on the retreat. It was left in the bag I grabbed out of the fridge for the weekend. Oops. In my defense, we live 1 minute from a grocery store - sheesh.

and finally, something baby related...

3) I only felt somewhat connected to baby this weekend.  Here's why: I look very pregnant right now, so naturally people comment on this.  The ladies were so nice, telling me I looked "cute" and so on.  I also ate like a pregnant lady.  I think this made a lot of the ladies laugh.  It seems like I was always grabbing a snack or eating something. So, the focus all weekend felt like it was about ME and ME being pregnant.  I know there was talk about the baby, but it still felt like it was somewhat about me. I know it's silly to feel guilty about this, and I guess it's harder to explain that I thought.  Another way to put it is that most of my days I go to work, focus on work all day, then go home and it's just me, Jeff, Frankie, and "baby".  I have time to think about baby, talk to baby, and even feel baby moving.  On weekends, I feel more connected because I eliminate the work part of my day.  This past weekend, I was with other people, focusing on my projects, and never really alone.  While pregnancy and baby was a much talked about topic, I didn't have that alone time with my bump, so as a result I felt somewhat guilty. Crazy, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the last part of your post - not crazy at all. I'm glad that you recognize that special time with baby. I did see you 'playing' a little with baby, so don't feel too bad. We would not have thought it was odd if you talked to the baby! Maybe your next t shirt should say 'baby's first scrapcamp!' hehe.

    ReplyDelete